Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I sometimes wish I were cooler...

Ok so this is one of "those" posts.  You know, the ones that tell you all what a geek I really am.  Well I've managed to mess up my knee.  I have a serious sprain (possible tear) of my MCL, the ACL's dumber, lesser known sister.  I am trapped in bed for two days and will have to wear a big, clunky brace for at least two weeks.

And I don't even have a cool story!!  My bike is setting out all ready to be ridden and the doc says if I'm lucky I'll be out on it before the  *end* *of* *June*.  Yeah, my rowing machine is useless, I can't ride the bike, I can't even WALK.  And I don't have a cool story.  The super special bonus?  I get to backslide on my weight loss.  So now you all are going to hear about the stuff I think about when I'm avoiding thinking about things.  It was bound to happen.  I was going to have to open up and actually share one of these days...

So, here is my neurotic question for the evening.  Why would I not get lypo when: A) I know I can maintain without gaining weight as my size has been the same for 7 years, B) I would have instant health benefits to my body, and C) I don't have a low self esteem or some sort of misguided "life changing" mental association with the process?  Aren't all the arguments against it just as superficial as most people's reasons for getting it?  I want better health and a stronger body.  I don't need or expect some sort of sex object status, it's just expensive...

Ok so there it is, as shallow as I get...  enjoy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My only argument against: it's very traumatic to the body, and the negative side effects that come with surgical shock are very, very not nice.

I'm with you, though... I seriously thought about delivering the last baby via C-section, and telling them to just scoop out all the extra, fold up the excess skin, lop it all off, and flat-fell me back together! :)

Kat said...

LOL Yeah, I know. I just get so frustrated by it all sometimes. I talk about it but I'm also working out and trying hard to do the "right" thing. The idea of the real surgery scares the stuffing out of me.

But I think about it... a lot.